All dogs over the age of six months in the State of CT must be licensed, and the Town Clerk's Office is here to help you comply with this law.
A valid rabies certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian, including the date of the vaccination and duration of immunity, must be presented to the Town Clerk. If the dog has been spayed or neutered, written proof must also be presented at the time of licensing.
Due to COVID-19, Governor Lamont (per Executive Order 7II) has extended the start date for the imposition of the late fee from July 1 to August 1, 2020. The late fee of $1/month will be incurred for every dog license renewed after August 1.
Dog license fees (payable online - during the month of June only), by mail, or by using the Town Hall drop box located in the vestibule--cash or check only)
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female: $8.00
- Male/Female: $19.00
- Late Licensing Penalty: $1.00 per month, per dog
- Lost Tag: $0.50 for new license
- Transfer of Ownership: $1.00 for new license if already issued
- Change of residence (Town): $0.50 for new license if already issued
- Kennel Licenses: $51.00 per 10 dogs / $102.00 per 20 dogs