All dogs over the age of six months in the State of CT must be licensed. If you are applying for a license for the first time, please fill out the application linked at the bottom of this page. A valid rabies certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian, including the date of the vaccination and duration of immunity, must be presented to the Town Clerk. If the dog has been spayed or neutered, written proof must also be presented at the time of licensing.
Dog licenses in Connecticut renew every year in the month of June. If your dog has been registered in our system for previous years, you do not need to fill out the application again. However, a valid rabies certificate will need to be presented if the certificate we have on file has expired.
A $1/month late fee will be incurred for any renewals completed after June 30. Fees are accepted by mail, by using the Town Hall drop box located in the vestibule, or by coming into the office in person--cash or check only. If paying by check, please make check out to "Ridgefield Town Clerk".
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female: $8.00
- Male/Female: $19.00
- Late Licensing Penalty: $1.00 per month, per dog
- Lost Tag: $0.50 for new license
- Transfer of Ownership: $1.00 for new license if already issued
- Change of residence (Town): $0.50 for new license if already issued
- Kennel Licenses: $51.00 per 10 dogs / $102.00 per 20 dogs