Do I have to pay motor vehicle taxes if I move out of Connecticut?

Motor Vehicle Taxes are due for the period the vehicle was registered in Connecticut since October 1, so if you moved before the time you received your tax bill in July, you must still contact the Tax Assessor's office to let them know you moved out of state so they can prorate the bill. Make sure you notify the Dept. of Motor Vehicles as soon as you move and also let the previous Tax Collector's Office have your new address as well.