1. To review all the current elderly programs in terms of their current participation and percentage of eligible residents using the various programs. The committee is encouraged to use all relevant tax assessor, census and town master plan data that is available.
2. Evaluate each on of the current program results against their initial objectives and determine the programs effectiveness in meeting the needs of Ridgefield's elderly.
3. Recommend any changes to the current programs, elimination of ineffective programs or establishment of new programs which will help maintain the elderly in their current residences in Ridgefield while not placing an unfair burden on Ridgefield's other residents.
4. Perform a financial analysis of all the costs and benefits of both the current elderly programs as well as any changes the committee recommends over the next 5 years.
5. Report back to the BOS within 60 days.