Forms and Permits

Records Request

A form needs to be submitted to the Records Department and a photo ID will need to be presented (preferably an operator's license). The record check is only for the Town of Ridgefield. If a record check for the State of Connecticut is desired, see DPS website. The Records Request form is listed below under attachments.

Citizens Police Academy

The Ridgefield Police Department periodically offers a 9 week program for the public which educates students about various aspects of police work.  Applicants must live or work in Ridgefield and be a minimum of eighteen years old at the time of registration. The Academy provides a forum by which residents can interact with the men and women (sworn and non-sworn) of the Department who faithfully serve their Community. The Ridgefield Citizen Police Academy enables students and police department employees to better recognize their responsibilities toward each other in a partnership to maintain a safe community and improve the quality of life.

See attachment below for application

Civilian Complaint Report

This form may be used to submit a complaint against any employee of the Ridgefield Police Department.

Civilian Complaint Report

Civilian Complaint Report

This form may be used to submit a complaint against any employee of the Ridgefield Police Department by a person who does not speak the English language.

Civilian Complaint Report - Spanish

Highway Use Permit

As per State regulations, this Highway Use Permit application must be submitted any time a State road will be affected by a special event in the Town of Ridgefield. Anyone planning a special event will need to submit this application to the Police Commission (c/o Ridgefield Police Department, 76 East Ridge Road, Ridgefield, CT 06877) 120 days PRIOR to the event. Once the application is received, it will be reviewed by the Police Commissioners and, if approved, forwarded to the State for their review/approval. Any questions regarding this process may be addressed to the Captain in charge of special events at Police Headquarters, 203 438.6531.

Motor Vehicle Forms

The Ridgefield Police Department provides motor vehicle forms from the State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles. These forms are available to the public and can be obtained in our front lobby or you can use the above link. This program is offered as a courtesy to our residents so that they do not have to drive to the Motor Vehicle Department.

Pistol Permit Application

CT Pistol Permit Application

Review the instructions for obtaining a Temporary Pistol Permit: 

Each applicant will be required to submit the following: 
- Two (2) 2”x2” passport photos - color
-  Signed Certificate issued upon completion of the NRA’s Basic Pistol Course
-  Completed Application that has been notarized
-  Certified copy of birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, passport, or other proof of legalization; i.e, green card. 
After your application is accepted, and you have PreEnrolled at the website below, you will be contacted by a Detective for an appointment to be fingerprinted. The eight-week processing period will begin on the date you are fingerprinted, not the date on the application. 

Upon submitting a completed pistol permit application, you must pay one Check or Money Order made out to the Ridgefield Police Department for $70.00 covering local fees.

Please click on the following link and use Service Code: 1652-CBAD to PreEnroll for pistol permit fingerprints.  Click here for PreEnrollment on-line payment of $88.25 is required for Federal & State fees.


Precious Metals

Purchasers of Precious Metals and Stones application.