Send COVID related questions to: email@example.com
VACCINE APPOINTMENT ASSISTANCE #877-918-2224
To schedule your COVID-19 test in Ridgefield click here.
When there are no appointments available the page will indicate it is closed
PLEASE NOTE: DOCs handles all the testing and appointments directly. The town does not have the ability to change or make appointments
TOWN UPDATE: Ridgefield, CT -January 18, 2021
- Advanced registration for ages 75 and older is available on the town website by going to ridgefieldct.org and clicking on the red COVID banner. Fill out the survey button and the state will notify you if you are qualified. Once notified, you will be asked to fill out information for the VAMS portal. When you are able to log into that, you will be notified of available times and locations for the vaccine. Be sure to save all your log in information and be sure to keep all communications from the VAMS system.
- For those who wish to sign up by phone, call 877-918-2224.
- Phase 1a is currently still underway. Phase 1b is expected to roll out next week, however, some people 75 and older have been able to receive the vaccination by registering through the survey.
- More information will follow tomorrow, January 14, 2021 after the Governor’s late afternoon announcements.
- Ridgefield had a significant uptick in cases this week so all residents are urged to be extra vigilant and to follow CDC protocols of wearing a mask, distancing and sanitizing. Also, please avoid groups.
- Governor Lamont urges all residents to beware of scammers. Vaccinations are free. No-one will ask for:
- Payment (cash or check)
- Credit card or bank information
- Social Security numbers, Passport information or other personal information (unless it is medical insurance related.)
Links to learn more about the vaccines:
- CT Department of Public Health link re: vaccinations COVID-19 Vaccinations (ct.gov)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Vaccine Information
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA): COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccinatinos - FAQs
- Testing is open at the Yanity Gym, and we appreciate your patience as this new operation continues ramping up to full capacity. The link on this page above takes you to the Docs website and will allow you to make an appointment on a first-come, first-served basis. Currently, test times are posted 72 hours in advance. If there are no time slots shown, then that means there are no more tests available on that day.
- Below you will find a direct link for the Healow portal. Patients can access their account and results by using the cell phone option of entering their username and date of birth. A code will be sent to your cell for verification. For those who used their landlines for contact information, enter your username and password. The rapid test results should be posted later that day. The PCR test will take a few days. https://mycw83.ecwcloud.com/portal11044/jsp/100mp/login_otp.jsp
- Other testing locations in the town and area also continue to administer tests and you can use this link to find one that is convenient for you if the Yanity Gym site is full.
COVID-19 CASES (updated January 19, 2021)
- The number of new COVID-19 cases reported in Ridgefield on Monday January 18, 2021 was 8.
- You can see on the graph below the overall New Case Rate (new cases per 100k residents). We remain in the Red Alert Level, as does all of Fairfield County and most of the state. Continued vigilance is important, so please remember the 3Ws: Wear your mask, Wash your hands, and Watch you distance. In addition, avoid gatherings.
- More detail can be found by clicking the red button above.
*Unlike the State of CT which averages data on a two-week basis, the Ridgefield analysis reflects a one-week average. The daily new case rates are expressed per 100,000 residents. Ridgefield also includes congregate settings such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities and the State does not. Ridgefield's one week averaging allows for a quicker Town response to changes in COVID-19 case rates.
MEET THE COVID-19 TASK FORCE TEAM: Click here for bios
COVID-19 Ridgefield Full Press Release- January 13, 2021
COVID-19 Numbers by CT TOWN: Click Here
To purchase your own masks, gloves, gowns and hand sanitizer see ReopenCT Supplier List
Travel Advisory: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Travel
Reopen Ridgefield: Guidelines for Businesses CT Government: Latest Reopen Guideance
Governor Lamont's Latest Executive order
COVID-19: Financial Resources for RESIDENTS and Small Business Owners click here
Town of Ridgefield COVID-19 Tax Relief Program click here
Collection of Informational links during COVID-19 click here
Resources from our SOCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT DURING COVID-19 click here
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 TASK FORCE WEBINARS
December 3, 2020
December 17, 2020
PREVIOUS PRESS RELEASES
December 1, 2020
December 2, 2020
December 4, 2020
December 7, 2020 (AM)
December 7, 2020 (PM)
December 8, 2020
December 9, 2020
December 10, 2020
December 11, 2020
December 14, 2020
December 15, 2020
December 17, 2020
December 18, 2020
December 21, 2020
December 22, 2020
December 23, 2020
December 24, 2020
December 28, 2020
December 29, 2020
December 30, 2020
December 31, 2020