Vital Records

The Town Clerks Office records all certificates of Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, and Death. We also issue Marriage licenses, Civil Union Certificates, Burial Permits, and certified copies of vital records.

To obtain certified copies of Death, Marriage and Civil Union Certificates please fill out the an application below:

Application for certified copy of Death Certificate
Application for certified copy of Marriage License

To obtain a certified copy of your Birth Certificate, please fill out the Application for Birth Certificate. Requester must attach a copy of picture identification. The fee is $20.00 per copy for the long form and $15.00 per copy for wallet size. Payment must be made by cash or check.

Check can be made payable to: Town Clerk. Mail request, copy of picture I.D. and payment to Ridgefield Town Clerk at 400 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877.

Access to birth records less than 100 years old is restricted in Connecticut. To be eligible to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate a person must be:

  • The person whose birth is recorded, if over eighteen years of age
  • Such person's children, grandchildren, spouse, parent, guardian or
  • The chief executive officer of the municipality where the birth occurred, or the chief executive officer's authorized agent
  • The local director of health for the municipality where the birth occurred or where the mother was a resident at the time of birth, or the director's authorized agent