Printer Friendly Version
Administrators of Elections
We are located on the main floor rear at 400 Main Street
Cynthia Bruno, Democratic Registrar 203 431-2771
Hope S. Wise, Republican Registrar 203 431-2772
THE OFFICE HOURS
Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Ridgefield Election Results for November 5, 2013
Forms for most registration changes can also be found just outside of our offices, too!
AM I REGISTERED?
VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION
WHERE DO I VOTE?
To register to vote in Connecticut you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident of a Connecticut town.
- Be at least 17 years of age (as long as you will turn 18 by Election Day).
- Have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony.
- Complete a voter application card
To enroll in any party in Connecticut:
- As a new elector you should complete LINE 9 of the voter registration application.
- You may also enroll or change your party affiliation at any time by filling out a voter application card and checking the box marked "Party Enrollment Change".
- The 2 major parties are: Democratic and Republican
- The 4 minor parties are: Connecticut for Lieberman, Libertarian, Green and Independent
- Anyone changing from one party to another acquires party privileges 3 months after filing an application with the registrar.
- An unaffiliated elector who enrolls in a party acquires party privileges immediately.
- Only party members are eligible to vote in primaries and caucuses
Ridgefield Political Parties
Democratic: Susan Cocco 431-6076 www.ridgefielddems.org
Absentee Ballot Information
TOWN CLERKS OFFICE 431-2783 or WWW.SOTS.STATE.CT.US
Ridgefield has four voting districts
District One: East Ridge Middle School
District Two: Scotts Ridge Middle School
District Three: Yanity Gym
Distrtict Four: Scotts Ridge Middle School
POLLS ARE OPEN 6:00am to 8:00pm EVERY ELECTION
NO election material is allowed inside the polling place
All campaigning must be done 75 feet from the polls