Administrators of Elections
We are located on the main floor rear at 400 Main Street
Cynthia Bruno, Democratic Registrar 203 431-2771
Hope S. Wise, Republican Registrar 203 431-2772
THE OFFICE HOURS
Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8/12/14 GOP Primary
RIDGEFIELD MAY 13, 2014 REFERENDUM RESULTS
Forms for most registration changes can also be found just outside of our offices, too!
REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE
To register to vote in Connecticut you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident of a Connecticut town.
- Be at least 17 years of age (as long as you will turn 18 by Election Day).
- Have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony.
To enroll in any party in Connecticut:
- As a new elector you should complete LINE 9 of the voter registration application.
- You may also enroll or change your party affiliation at any time by filling out a voter application card and checking the box marked "Party Enrollment Change".
- The 2 major parties are: Democratic and Republican
- The 4 minor parties are: Connecticut for Lieberman, Libertarian, Green and Independent
- Anyone changing from one party to another acquires party privileges 3 months after filing an application with the registrar.
- An unaffiliated elector who enrolls in a party acquires party privileges immediately.
- Only party members are eligible to vote in primaries and caucuses
Ridgefield Political Parties